Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Wednesday 12 December 2007

Back from LIMA and Lumut

insert: me and colleagues in front of the newly named vessel & the view from my room @ City Bayview Langkawi

As scheduled, I was off to LIMA on the first flight on 5th Dec and after a hectic 2 days plus another one extra days for packing the documents and all the stationeries used during the signing ceremonies and meeeting colleagues and foreign business acquaintances at the exhibition halls and arranging for them to be transported back to KL, and doing a bit of shopping (2 bars of Cadbury's, tobacco products for hubby, 2 sarong anak for Haakem, one really sharp Japan made kitchen knife for Mak Yah, a tee-shirt for Bibik and 3 (yes, 3!!) different sized non stick pans..... nothing for me and Millie), I was off from LGK on the last flight on 7th Dec, arriving at 10.35pm. Hubby & Haakem were already there. The airport was really busy!! We stopped for a late supper before driving back home. I straight away unpacked the gifts and they are all excited especially Hubby for whom I also bought the "dapur"/little stoves, for his pipes!
Millie woke up at 2am and I breastfed her... and she's back to sleep in no time. She has been a little angel with no trouble at all for the past 3 days. And she finished off her milk ration, of course.
My boss gave us the Saturday off, so I spent the weekends tidying up, catching up on my sleeping and of course doing the laundry.

Monday was work as usual. Tuesday was another travelling day. I pushed off to Lumut at 9.00am with hubby who is so kind to drive me to Lumut these days... Some road blocks starting at the Jalan Duta exit to Parliament House... poor commuters from outside KL had to queue (from the North, the jam started from Jalan Parlimen, way back to before the Jalan Duta toll plaza!! Mad!!). We arrived at 1.00pm and after the jama' prayers, I went for the 3 hour meeting. Some stupid ship project manager has sent out a notice of termination without checking with the rest of the team and we had to rectify his mistakes!! Argh!!!
At 5.30pm, we pushed off from the office and had tea (delectable cheese naan with lamb curry) at the nearby food joint. We shopped for those dried seafood which Lumut is famous for. Stocking up on my kitchen supplies, of course.
It was raining the whole way. We stopped at Ulu Bernam for prayers and arrived back home around 10.00pm. Tired but satisfied. I had a great time driving with Hubby. We reminisced about old times, old friends... difficult times......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home