Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Saturday 1 December 2007

Busy Mama, Bored Papa, Two Energetic Kids & Calm Atuk

It has been a while since I last post on this blog. I didn't realise how time flies. It has been a really busy two weeks and alot has happened.
Haakem has been spending his weekdays mornings going to the school library and adding up books read for his Nilam Programme. I would walk him to the school gate and leave him under the Senior Teacher's care (with her daughter Masyitah who is Haakem's classmate) and he would spend around 3 hours in the library. At around 12.30 he will walk back home with Masyitah and have lunch prepared by my aunt (Atuk aka Mak Yah). After Zuhur prayers and various rounds of fooling around with Millie and catfights among themselves, Haakem and Masyitah would go swimming and/or play badminton. At 4.30 Masyitah would leave with her mother. Haakem would have his nap after Asr prayer and get up for Maghrib prayer, either alone or with us (if I arrive home by then). He had a bout of cold and cough last week and after taking his medication from our family doctor, he is recovering but I told him to abstain from swimming for a while.
Millie is enjoying walking around the house and along the corridor. She now refuses to take pureed/mashed food and is eating rice, fish (boiled/steamed/soup) and vegetables soup. Her favourite snack is boiled macaroni and fruits and keropok ikan. She talks on the phone quite a lot and I make it a point to call her from the office at least twice a day!! She too caught the cold and we brought her to the clinic this morning.
My father-in-law and his brother came to stay with us for 5 days during the first week of school holidays. Haakem had fun with them especially going to the mosque almost every night. Atuk did almost all the cooking of breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner for them except on my non-working days/times! Haven't been the perfect daughter-in-law. Hubby brought them visiting other relatives most of his free time.
Atuk is also down with cold and cough for the past 4 days. But apart from her Mondays & Thursdays fasting, which she has to miss, Atuk is doing her things as usual. The doctor checked her BP this morning and we were pleasantly surprised, 120/70. She's been on her BP controlling medication for a few years now and alhamdulillah she's well in control. I always make sure to collect her medication every month and that she (and the rest of the family) is consuming low cholesterol food.
Papa is still bored .... he does some freelance consultation works now and is spending most of his free time playing golf. He is suffering from gastric/peptic ulcer and some goon told him to abstain from all food except bread and milk. I told him that is nonsensical and if he doesn't want to listen to me he might as well get a proper advice from our family doctor. In essence, what the doctor said is repetition of what I already told him.
Me? Has been bogged down with meetings, negotiations, finalisation and preparation of documents to be signed during LIMA 07..... only 5 days to go for the signing ceremonies. I have been coming home late (always after Maghrib and at times Isya') for the past 4 weeks. Saturdays are also spent at the office. I'll be flying off for Langkawi on-board the 8.00 o'clock flight on 5th Dec. and be flying back to KL on the last flight, 7th Dec. I won't be staying long unlike previous LIMA's because I do not want to leave Millie for more than 2 nights. At first I was coming back on the 6th but have to extend my stay to accommodate more signing ceremonies!!
But I managed to sneak out during lunch hours yesterday to get myself a new blouse and 2 pairs of pants from Isetan Lot 10 sale. And also visit my clerk at the HKL who gave birth to a stillborn baby girl yesterday morning. It's sad... and the fact that we have known that the baby was not going to survive since about 4 months ago, did not help at all.... I hope she'll cope well with the mental and emotional burden.
Oh yes, I also went for a half day seminar on Companies Act last week besides making travel arrangements to go back to Papa's hometown in Tumpat this Hari Raya Haji. My sister in law is getting married so the whole family (my side) is also going!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Helena said...

Congrates to Hakeem sbb dapat jadi pengawas!!

Its good that u r able to fill up Hakeem's mornings to read.... budak2 ni kalau membaca kat library, tekun sikit... no distubance eg tv, adik2...

11:17 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home