Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Wednesday 17 October 2007

6 Syawal 1428




Wouldn't it be great if we use the Islam calendar habitually? Hmmm... just thinking out loud...

Anyway, Eid has been great. Ramadhan has been quite fulfilling. I broke fast 3 times at the hotels (Prince, Istana and Nikko). All as corporate guest, which I am never too keen on. Besides that, I had 3 other iftar sessions away from home, due to outstation duties in Lumut. On the second last day, we had our iftar at Mak Nim (my youngest aunt)'s place and the last day was at my Mak's. That makes 22 days iftar with the family at home. Alhamdulillah.
I received 2 gifts this time. Both from contractor/supplier. The first one arrived 3 days before Eid, at 9.30pm, containing cookies, chocolates and cordial. The second one arrived at Mak's 2 days before Eid, containing fresh flowers and fruits, which we consumed on the first day of Eid after the brunch.
On the second day of Eid, I spent the day at home doing the laundry and doing some decoration. Mak Yah went to my cousin's house in Puncak Alam, with Mak Nim, arriving back home just before Maghrib. With Haakem being away in Kelantan, the house is just so quiet. I watched Pontianak Harum Sundal malam 2 for the first time, verdict - BORING!
On the 3rd Syawal, Mak Yah and I prepared Soto for my aunt, uncle, cousins & families (9 pax). They arrived at 3.00pm and soon after they left, I invited Mak, my eldest sister (Bu), Angel and Adli (6 adults, 3 children & 1 infant) to my house. After I was done refilling the dishes and heating up the pulut palas and serunding, I asked Bibik if she wanted to call her family back home. Our attempts the day before failed. She spoke with her family for a good 25 minutes.
My family arrived at 8.00pm and went home around 10.30pm. Bibik cleared up the dirty dishes and were done by 11.30pm. Millie has been a good little hostess in her cherry printed frock!
Ah yes, Haakem and Hubby arrived at 11.40pm, much to my excitement. They had the Soto but with mihun (vermicelli rice noodles) because all the nasi himpit (cubed pressed rice) was finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Najwa Aiman said...

I watched Rock! Yup! And that was for the.. I don't know... 6th time? I just soooo luv that movie! Ekekekeke...

And yes, I watched Zombi Kampung Pisang too. Not as good as Rock though, but still recognisable as Mamat Khalid's piece.

Yup! Mamat Khalid is my favourite movie maker now... hehehe...

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home