Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Breastfeeding


My little Millie is 8 months old (4th May to be exact) and she doesn't take formula. Well, she did only thrice. Once during the first few days after me returning to work and twice a few days after she turned 6 months. She just refuses formula, period. But she is still breastfed. I must say I am really proud that I equalized my record of exclusively breastfeeding my babies. Haakem was also exclusively breastfed until he was 6 months old and continued to be breastfed until he was exactly 2 years old (he stopped the very next day without any attempt from me to stop it) and he gulped his Dumex too, until we weaned him off the bottle when he was 5.

But Millie eats expensive stuff (to my standard la kan... nasib baik la dah ada salary adjustment). She finishes her Gerber and Heinz in no time. At 7 months old, she will finish a bottle of pureed food in 2 feedings but now, it's down to 1!! She loves all flavours but macaroni & cheese and pumpkin & corn are her favs!! And Nestle and Milna Rusks too. I also mixed a heap spoonful of wheat & honey cereal onto her rusks and she'll finish it. Millie would simply tighten her lips and shakes her head profusely if she is not hungry no matter how hard we tried to feed her. She is also a pear and apple juice lover. Ribena and plain water are okay with her too. Yesterday, my aunt mixed 2 tsp of honey into her formula and guess what??? She shook her head and screamed!! Offered the pear juice and she downed 4 oz without a blink!

And she has not lost her chubbiness, crawling all over the place now and she's now sitting unsupported. She's got her upper incisors at 7 months of age. The lower incisors are full grown and boy!! do they hurt like hell when she accidentally bite my nipple!! But do I stop breastfeeding? NO WAY!!!!

And to all the mothers out there... unless you are medically/physically unable to breastfeed, please do not miss this opportunity to do it and do not be too lazy to learn how to correct your method. This is the baby's right. You may not feel anything now but on your 70th birthday, when you suddenly realise that you are sitting all alone by the window with no one to celebrate despite having 2, 3, 4, 6 kids you never breastfed religiously...... don't start telling people stories of your uncaring children.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home