Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Wednesday 25 April 2007

My Babies, My Life (Part III)


- From Part I -

Haakem had a few names in mind before I even went for my first check-up. He first wanted a baby boy to be his playmate. But later on after some coaxing he said he didn't care much as long as Mama is well and didn't have to go through much pain. As I mentioned in Part I, I have always wanted a baby girl especially if that was to be my last pregnancy. I have had a name for my daughter since I was 19... hahahahah...... so, when my mom asked if it was a girl that night, without hesitation I said her name out loud. Kamaliah (Perfection) Zulaikha (Beauty and also the name of Prophet Yusof's wife). She has after all, completed my life.

My little girl sucked on my breast and was sleeping peacefully until around 6.00 am when I heard somebody moved to the bed next to mine. I said hello to the full term mother, chatting for a bit before trying to stretch my legs. I felt a cramp coming on my tummy. It was quite intense but it came and go every ten minutes. At around 7.30 am, I got up to take my shower and changed my sanitary towel. I felt a lot better after that. I tidied up my bed, had my breakfast and continued to breastfeed my baby. The cramp still came and went at regular intervals.

I had my VE at 8.00 am and the doctor gave me an all clear. Haakem came with my husband in the afternoon. It was a Monday so the ward was not too packed like it was during the weekend, which visiting hours was 12.00 noon to 7.30pm. Haakem was so thrilled to see his long awaited baby sister but I think he was more thrilled to see me. My aunt, mom and sister-in-law were also there. The doctor came to check the baby and told me that once she has a bowel movement, we can be released.

At 1.00 pm they left and I tried to lie down. I felt faint from not having enough rest. I just realised that I had used up all my energy the night before. My girl still has not had her first poo. The doctor tried to induce it by inserting a thermometer inside her anus but nothing came out. She was feeding well, peeing well and was generally happy. I knew my aunt has started to go worried at home.

My sister, brother, youngest aunt and her family came to vist in the evening. After they left, my baby is still not dirtying her nappy.

Night came and after feeding her, I asked the nurse to look after my girl and went to sleep. I slept from 10.00pm to 3.00 am. My girl was also sleeping but was at the nurse station. I went to the bathroom to change and fed my baby after that.

Morning came and I had a few new neighbours, some has just delivered and some are waiting for labour. My baby hasn't pooed yet.

At 12.30 Haakem and my husband came and we had a great family time. At 1.20pm, I went to the bathroom and after cleansing myself I leaned against the bathroom wall to support myself, to put my panties on, I felt something bulging from inside towards my pubic area. IT WAS SOMETHING I HAD NEVER FELT BEFORE!!! I was thinking of the worst. Could it be my uterus collapsing? I have heard that from my mom many times before. I stood up straight and I felt a heavy blob inside. WHATTEHELL!!! I spread my legs opened and GUSHED, something came out. It was a big blob of blood clot, looking very much like liver, splat on the bathroom floor. Lucky I was not standing on the toilet bowl otherwise I would not be able to see what it was. Suddenly I felt so light and as if a heavy weight was lifted from within me. The cramp I felt before has totally gone.
But what about the clot on the floor? Should I press the call button? I didn't want to cause panic. I put on my blouse, sarong and head cover on. I warned a lady not to go inside the bathroom. I went to the nurse station (the ward is still bustling with visitors and patients chatting and having lunch) and babies crying. I asked an assistant nurse to come to the bathroom, explaining what happened. She was shocked to see the clot and immediately called a staff nurse who was also shocked and they called the doctor on duty, the doctor who cleared me the day before and he looked really worried. The nurse said it could be a deformed twin but the doctor was convinced that it was placenta. He scooped it and placed it in the yellow lab plastic bag, asking my permission to have it checked just to be sure.

They left me and I continued cleaning myself and getting dress. I went back to my bed and my husband asked what took me so long. I told him what happened briefly and he was pale! I told him I felt better and not to worry. The doctor came to see me, my record file in his hand. Another doctor, a young lady was with him. They told me that I have to stay on for observation for another 12 hours, just in case. I told them to double check with the nurse who attended to my labour, she was the one confirming that my placenta was complete but I was not in any way trying to put any blame on her.

I felt really happy after that and thank Allah, no heavy bleeding of any sort happened. My aunt who came in the evening also told me that I looked radiant, which was not the case in the morning.

At 9.30pm that night, my little baby girl dirtied her nappy..... I had tears in my eyes. It was as if, she knew things were not over yet and I was not supposed to be released yet. It was Allah's ways of showing his greatness. I called my husband informing him of the same. I guess I could check out the next day.

My angel dirtied her nappy again at 10.30pm..... and after being fed, she slept peacefully almost throughout the night. It was me who couldn't sleep for I couldn't take my eyes of her.... all the time I was helping the young first time mother in the next bed. She too had a baby girl.....

(to be continued...........)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home