Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Monday 30 March 2009

EARTH HOUR


We had the lights off for an hour last night..... My two and a half year old daughter is all game for blackouts.... she's totally excited about the darkness. My baby is content with Mama by her side with the breasts all for her to feed from......

In the darkness, I relayed to my 9 year old son about global warming, thinning ozone layer, the sun, the heat, the energy, the future of the earth and what this one hour of lights off can do in whatever its very little ways to help save the earth...... all in BM......

Most of the units in our apartments observed the Earth Hour and I could see KL in (almost total) darkness. While energy saving from having the lights off is not very significant, I salute the KLites especially the main buildings' operators/owners for putting the effort.

Perhaps next time Earth Hour would extend to switching off the air-conditioners, stopping the use of all motor vehicles except public transportation and other more energy consuming/Co2 emitting activities.... (except for breathing, of course).

Pic courtesy of Bernama news online.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Najwa Aiman said...

Yeeeehaaaaa...!!! Dah boleh komen semula! Dan dapat menaip dalam terang-benderang semula! Yeeehaaa...!!!

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home