Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Tuesday 16 December 2008

Majlis Khatam & Jamuan Aqeeqah


















It all went well. Haakem and his cousins Khatam Quran recitals (readings of the last few surahs from the Quran to indicate that they have finished reading the holy book) was smooth. For the record, Haakem had actually finished his readings at the age of 7 a few months before we went for Umrah but we never got around to organise a proper ceremony for him and we decided to wait for his cousins to finish their readings so that they can join him. Initially it was just haakem and Syahmi but later Amirah was also included.

After a few days of hard work and running around to get things, the ceremony went really well. My eldest sister (Bu) helped alot in getting things done. She bought the rehal (Quran stand), bunga telur (flowers for the eggs) and their stand and imported the old curtains from my mom's house. She also was the one who drove me around to get the new Belgian carpets (Udani), curtains for the dais and cushion covers for Zara's cot (Kamdar and I also managed to buy some materials for Haakem's baju melayu uniform), plastic containers for the mini muffins, plastic plates, cups, fruits for the fruit salad, cordial and soda for the drinks, festive lights etc. etc.

My youngest sister Angel sewed the beads onto the boys long shirts (which we bought during our umrah last year). Our niece Amirah also joined, decided a week before the ceremony and she stayed at my place since Eidul Adha to practice her recitals.

A few of pur Muslim neighbours also came. Haakem's dua recital brought tears to many eyes!!

After the dua, we recited the selawat (praises to Prophet Muhammad) with me taking Zara around to have little bits of her hair to be cut (and be kissed and blessed by everyone present). After that was the photo session and later we had our lunch, essentially Zara's aqeeqah (slaughtering of a goat or a seventh portion of a bull) feast. We ordered (catering) pilau rice, beef korma (from the slaughtered bull), chicken in chiili and tomato paste and my mom prepared pineapple chutney. My aunt made the palm sugar jelly and I prepared the fruit (kiwi, grapes, honey dew, apple and prserved mango) salad and punch. My elder sister brought some curry puffs.

By 1.30 almost everyone left and later a few other relatives and friends came. As it was raining many could not make it, in fact hubby's cousins arrived at almost 6pm.

We planned to send the food to the nearby mosque but since not many came to the house, a bigger portion was sent and Alhamdulillah there were many kids at the mosque as they have a feqah class that night.

We finished cleaning up at 1.00am and I continued undoing the dais, cleaning the carpet etc the next morning. the house was back to normal by noon, Sunday 14th December 2008 - my 38th birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home