Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Eidul Adha 1429











A beautiful day indeed. Rainy, wet, not bright... but BEAUTIFUL!! Hubby is in Kelantan to perform his Qurban but the whole family of mine were at my house. All my siblings and their families, my Mak and my aunt (Mak Yah) of course. They arrived from 11.00 am starting with my younger brother's family and the last to arrive, at 4.30pm, was my elder sister's family including her mother-in-law.
Earlier, Mak Yah and Haakem went to perform the Solat Eidul Adha at the nearby mosque, returning home at 9.15 to have something to eat before going back to the mosque together with me at 9.40 to witness our Qurban and Aqeeqah rituals. By 10.15, it was completed. There were 4 cows/bulls and 2 goats. They were done slaughtering by 10.30 and done packing and distributing by 11.30am!
I cooked tomato rice and ayam merah and prepared the tomato salsa. Mak Yah cooked beef curry. My Mak cooked and brought nasi himpit (compressed rice), rendang ayam pencen (semi-dry chicken curry), kuah kacang sotong (peanut & squids gravy), serunding ikan (dry fried coconut and shredded fish) and lodeh (fresh & dried vegetables and tofu cooked in coconut milk) and my elder sister Aja cooked and brought nasi himpit, serunding ikan and rendang paru (lungs).
All stayed until 9.00pm except Aja's family who went off earlier after Maghrib prayer.
Zara was an angel, everybody was awed by her but Millie was the centre of attraction, with her charm and non-stop talking. She fell asleep on one of her cousins' lap, very very exhausted.
Mak Yah and Haakem went to bed at 11.00, Bibik and I finished cleaning up at 11.30. Zara slept at 12.00 and Millie at 1.30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home