Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Friday 11 January 2008

Milli'e Aqeeqah Done... Finally

6th January 2008, around 100 families and friends (those we invited mostly came) gathered at our apartment for Millie's Jamuan Aqeeqah, long overdue. She's well passed her 16 months. I have much earlier decided that I was not going to cook the main meal for the feast. We called for catering service instead (only the cooking part, with the aqeeqah beef supplied by us). We used plastic plates, cups, forks & spoons too to save on cleaning time. Our caterer prepared nasi minyak, beef korma, ayam merah madu, dalca and jelatah (acar timun/nenas). They were delivered at 10.30am, earlier than promised.
I prepared potato salad and the cold and hot drinks, my aunt made kuih kaswi and we also served fruits, kuih bahulu and kuih ros. The first guests arrived at 2.00pm and it peaked at around 3.00pm. A beautiful breezy afternoon so everyone had a "cooling" time. I kept on refilling food and until the last guests arrived at 4.30pm, I was rather exhausted and had not got a bite to eat except an apple and a slice of melon. Truth was, I had a splitting headache and not feeling well. But I was really satisfied!!
At 7 pm everyone has left and Bibik finished clearing up by 8.00pm. The aftermath, all that was left was a bowl of nasi minyak and a small dish of acar timun. The rest... finished!! Alhamdulillah!!!
All of us then went to the clinic. Haakem had her runny nose (in the mornings) checked and as I expected it is rhinitis. The doctor prescribed some antihistamine. My aunt had her BP checked and it was 110/70. I had my temperature (38.1), BP (120/70), throat & chest checked. Fever, cough... given one day MC and more calcium, folic acid and other medications.
Hubby left for Pergau around 10.30pm. We all went to bed by 12.00 midnight........
A successful day, indeed!! Thank you to all friends (KN, Izah, Adzam, Mat Garn, Kamal) and families who came. And to those I had to not invite, insya Allah, your turn will come, this year......

1 Comments:

Blogger Najwa Aiman said...

Thanx for inviting! And my family loved the... I don't know what it's called but it was soemthing like the potato salad thing. Aiman didn't want it at first until I told him that it was similar to that we used to buy at Kenny Rogers... ekekekek...

Then he wouldn't stop eating it! I hope you had enough of those for your other guests! Ayarrkk...! Coz I ate that the most too! Ayarrkk...!

p/s: Pls tell man that his tembikai was delicious. He said he "prepared" the tembikai.

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home