Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Monday 24 December 2007

Eid Adha 1428 20 Dec 2007



Alhamdulillah, I finally performed the aqeeqah for Millie after procastinating for ages!! Mak Yah performed her Qurban and I joined in for the aqeeqah, organised by our qariah's mosque, which is a mere 200m from my condo entrance. With Hubby and Haakem away celebrating in Kelantan, we started the morning of Eid by going to the mosque for Solat Eid at 8.30am, came back home for breakfast and we went back to the mosque at 10.00 am as ours shall be the first to be sacrificed..... 5 cows altogether. A considerably small number. I was thinking that with all the KLites going back to their hometown, the needy and poor in the city are left out and that is why we decided to perform the qurban and aqeeqah in KL. The committee members and the helpers were very efficient, the first animal was slaughtered at around 10.20am (and I was so near the neck that the blood gushing out was splatered onto my feet, sandals, sarong and helm of baju kurung... and my aunty's.

We went back around 10.30 to prepare the table for my mom, sisters and aunt & cousin. They arrived from 11.30 am and the last to go back was my mom and sisters and the kids, after Maghrib prayers. Mak Yah went to collect the beef with the maids. After distributing the meat (and some internal organs) to those who came, I put the rest in the freezer, to be cooked later when the time is right for us to hold the kenduri, insya Allah....

Besides our pulut kuning, nasi himpit, lodeh and sambal tumis telur, we had my mom's lodeh, sambal sotong and rendang daging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home