Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Wednesday 3 October 2007

The Past Few Days - Hectic, Taxing, Draining.... Alhamdulillah

Saturday after work, hubby and I went to visit Mama (my close friend's mother who's like an aunt to us) who was down with mild stroke on the first day of fasting. We have been procastinating visiting her but it was something we just had to do for she is dear to us!She is recovering well thanks to her only daughter (my dearest sister/friend), her daughter in law and of course Papa for his moral support. That evening, we had rice, fish in soy sauce and mixed tomyam which I made a few minutes before iftar.
On Sunday, I prepared pilau rice (nasi minyak la tu), beef korma (with potatoes, green chillies, onions and tomato), chicken in chillie and tomato sauce and pineapple & cucumber salad. Alhamdulillah, hubby and Haakem enjoyed them very much! For the first time in Ramadhan hubby had second helping and ate again at 3.00 am. LICIN!!!
Sunday night Millie had a high temperature, I placed wet hanky on her forehead and wash her face with zam-zam water, the fever reached its hight 38.3 degrees at 2.30am. I was suppose to travel to Lumut in the morning but I postponed it. Hubby and I brought Millie to the clinic at 7.15am. No other problems, thank God! So, I went to Lumut with Man instead. My heart broke to have to leave Millie.....
That evening, I break-fast with my colleagues and one of our supplier's family. Seafood spread... what else? Later that night we had gried noodles and later hubby took me out to have naan and tandoori. We didn't go down for sahur served by the hotel. I checked on Millie 3 times and at 1.20am, Haakem called me with Millie's voice screaming in the background. Apparently she got up from her sleep searching for Mama. They managed to calm her down by 2.00am. But her temperature was maintained at below fever level. Alhamdulillah.
The next morning, I checked out at 9.00am, leaving hubby (he will check in using his name later that day), arriving at the office at 9.30, attended meetings from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm, assist to prepare the tender negotiation reports, signed them off and had to wait for the other team to finish their do's until about 2.00pm. We pushed off to KL around 2.30pm, stopping for ikan bilis for 10 minutes, for Zuhr/Asr parayers in Bidor and arriving in KL at 6.30pm.The three of us girls were dropped off at Titiwangsa LRT Station at 6.45pm........ it is still mind boggling that my colleague's boss would drop us there, with no shops/stalls selling food/drinks except perhaps the nearby petrol kiosk. We took the train to masjid Jame' station and bought sugar cane drinks (one plastic container each) and dates. Both McD and BK were full. So, we broke our fast, standing, with all our bags around us, near the BK entrance. We were too upset to eat anything else that we decided to go home. I caught a cab and my 2 colleagues got on the train, home.
Alhamdulillah I arrived home at 7.35pm and after performing maghrib prayer, I breastfed Millie and chatted with haakem. He got me some ice lemon tea, what an angel! Bibik took a considerably long time to have her dinner and clear the kitchen that i only got to have my meal by 8.30pm but Alhamdulillah.... I checked on my colleagues and they have both arrived home at 8.00 and 8.10 respectively. I felt lethargic that I slept without performing my Isya' prayer and/or Tarawih prayers. I got up at 5.00am for Isya' prayer and sahur and slept back until 6.30am. I didn't even see Haakem off to school. I slept again until 7.40am and got on the 8.30 bus, in time for office.
Hubby is still in Lumut until Allah knoweth when. He's supposed to go back to Tumpat for raya preparation at his father's. Most probably he''ll go back to Lumut again, staright from his stay in Kelantan. I pray for his safety and strength...... he is not enjoying his job now but it will have to do until something better comes.... to make ends meet... at least for him.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home