Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Monday 17 September 2007

First Week of Ramadhan Is Almost Over

Alhamdulillah.... the first 4 days of Ramadhan went well and my family got to breakfast together on every day. We all managed to perform tarawih prayers too and get up for sahur even for drinking a glass of water.
But this week will be another story. I will have to travel to Lumut on Tuesday and Wednesday so Tuesday will definitely without the family and if we can finish early (which I doubt), I will make it in time for iftar with my family on Wednesday.
On Friday 14th Sept, I arrived in Sg Buluh from Lumut at 4.40pm but due to the heavy traffic jam, my husband and I managed to reach home at 7.00pm. Lucky I already bought some curry puffs, sardine bread rolls and mini kueh bakar for iftar. My aunt has already cooked chicken curry for dinner and after iftar and maghrib prayers, I cooked stir fry mixed vegies and fried the dried fish I bought in Lumut earlier.
On Saturday, 15th Sept., my aunt cooked fish in soy sauce and vegetables soup for dinner. For iftar we had murtabak (beef stuffed dough, fried with beaten eggs), otak-otak (fish paste grilled in palm leaves) and bubur som-som (custard eaten with syrup) and orange squash.
On Sunday 16th Sept., my aunt bought bubur lambuk (mixed rice porridge) and kueh bakar (again) for iftar and I cooked fried rice to be served with boiled salted eggs, fried pickled mackerel and lettuce. Haakem enjoyed dinner very much and had third helpings! He didn't have dinner on the second and third night.
Today, my aunt is preparing oxtail/bones soup ( I guess to be eaten with rice and boiled macaroni) and some cooked salad. For iftar Haakem has requested sweet red bean porridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home