Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Thursday 20 September 2007

Haakem's Test 3 Results

I have been asking Abang for his Buku Laporan Adab Belajar aka Report Book since August and finally yesterday, when I asked for it while breastfeeding Millie (after coming back from Lumut), he said, "Oh Yes, nasib baik Mama tanya.... Haakem rindu Mama sampai lupa pasal buku tu". And he showed it to me, saying, "tapi Mama jangan marah tau markah Sains Haakem... tak byk la...". I looked at the results and was pleasantly surprised, He scored 92% for his Science and above 95% for all other subjects including full marks for Agama and English. I told him that I am really proud of him not only because of his high marks but because he put an effort to study for the tests and to keep up the good work.
In actual fact, I feel rather guilty for I have not been able to coach his studying very often like I used to. I have been arriving home quite late (earliest at 5.40pm and latest at 9.30pm, the latter being more often) and would be preoccupied with housework and Millie. By the time I finished, I would be exhausted and all I could do is hug and kiss Haakem or briefly flip through pages of his text and exercise books. And now with so many outstation duties (which I can no longer escape from since Millie is already not exclusively breastfed), I have lesser time with him... and Haakem has been a real angel, never complaining.

4 Comments:

Blogger Najwa Aiman said...

Frequent outstation now? Lumut ek?

And pls convey my congratulations to Haakem too! He is brilliant!

4:46 pm  
Blogger Pootz in Boots said...

Hai Naj, Lumut la, mana lagi..... and most probably in December, to Langkawi for LIMA (again!). Haakem tu tak consistent especially his BM penulisan. Ada sekali tu dia leh dapat 79%. My Dad must have turned in his grave la!!!!
I'm sure Aiman pun brilliant jugak...

3:09 pm  
Blogger Helena said...

hi pootz.... helena suka sangat with kids yg boleh blajar independently, without having to wait for us moms to sit next to them.... it looks like u have one in the making there...

Congrats Hakeem.....

12:01 pm  
Blogger Pootz in Boots said...

Hai Helena, it all depends on his moods... but I guess Haakem is quite mature for his age and I have slow talked with him explaining my limitations. I don't put pressure on him and alhamdulillah it pays. Now tengah sebok nak khatam Quran for second time kejarkan Ramadhan but an eight year old has his limits regardless of his will. He does get tired during the day.

1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home