Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Thursday 4 October 2007

Eid Is Coming.... Soon......

Another Eid...... a second one for my Millie.... the 8th for Haakem...
Preparation? A pair of baju kurung for my aunt, my mom, myself and Haakem. Hubby will wear one of his existing ones, still new. I had to make new ones for me since have not any new baju kurung made since 2005 and they will be my office-wear as well.
No change of curtains, or cushion covers or carpets... no personalised greeting cards..... we are on a tight budget this year. But I have ordered RM12.00 worth of kuih bangkit kelapa, some packed brownies for families and close friends, 2 sweet & sour layered cakes, some dates tart cookies and planned to buy some tempeyeks. My aunt has bought some pineapple tarts and makmur cookies. And that is about all... I'll get new dress for Millie and I must get new shoes for myself and Millie and sandals for Haakem. Currently I only have a three year old sandals, which I wear almost everywhere and a five year old court shoes which I only wear at the office for meetings etc. And yes, I am getting Bibik a new baju kurung, ready-made, as well.
I am not taking any leave for Eid. We will be at my Mom's on Eid eve, for the last breaking fast, spend the night there, go for Eid prayer, have brunch with my family, exchange salaams, gifts and money packets. After Zuhr prayer, we will push off back to KL and hubby & Haakem will then proceed to Kelantan. I just cannot manage Millie on an 8 hour ride and worse still, 16 hours ride back to KL. Why don't we take the flight like before? As I said, we are on a very tight budget... so I am trying to save all the fund we have.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Najwa Aiman said...

I'll be wearing teh same old baju Melayu that I have been wearing for only twice in every year for the past nine years. Eheks! Yup, Zaza had been asking me to get new ones ever since.

May be one of these days, but not yet!

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home