Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Wednesday 5 September 2007

Wedding @ Teluk Intan - 25 Aug 2007 (Belated Post)





Last 25th August 2007, we went to Teluk Intan for my cousin's wedding. 3 car convoy. Ours, my eldest sister's (with my Mom, sister-in-law, 2 nephews) and my youngest aunty's (herself, her husband, her daughter and my brother as the driver). Millie was still unwell, in fact I almost cancelled the trip but since it is a chance to meet our relatives, we proceeded as planned. Millie was not resting very well the night before and of course, neither did I.

I prepared sardine sandwiches for the convoy members and waited for the "go" signal from my aunty, because we are meeting at Sungai Buluh R&R before commencing our journey north the PLUS Highway. My aunt's family arrived at 9.40am and we arrived at 10.00am.

My sister's group arrived at 10.45am and after filling up our gas (and some dunkin donuts & lattes), we pushed off at around 11.25am, stopping after Bidor's toll plaza, for my sandwiches. They loved them sandwiches!

At around 1.30pm, we arrived at the groom's house and it was oh so much fun!! I met my eldest male cousin whom I have not seen for 22 years! He used to stay with my grandmother too. It was a small reunion, in a way. The groom's siblings were in fact my "foster siblings" when I was staying with my grandmother as they too lived in the same town. All were with kids, most looking exactly like my cousins!!

After we had our lunch and more catching-ups and contact details exchanges, we pushed off back to KL at 3.30pm, bringing back loads of food and goody bags, stopping at Ulu Bernam R&R for prayers and the famous mee kari and lemon tea.

We arrived home at 8.00 pm, in time for Maghrib prayers. Alhamdulillah!! Don't know when we will meet them again!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home