Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Sunday 5 October 2008

Eid 1429






It was the simplest, most stressfree eid I've ever had in my adult life!!! As I said in my last entry, I have made the preparation much earlier. On 30th Sept/Ramadhan, hubby, Zara, Haakem and I made the trip to Jusco to get a few things. The whole do took exactly an hour starting from the car engine starts to unloading the stuff to our home.
After iftar that day, I asked Bibik to peel the onions, potatoes etc. At midnight while watching Takbir Suci 2, I prepared the jelatah (pineapple, cucumber, onion & chillies salad) and fried the chicken. I then continued watching TV and breastfed the girls, went to sleep and get up at Subuh.
I went to the kitchen at 6.30am and started cooking the ayam masak merah and kurma daging. I then helped hubby and Haakem dress for the mosque. They left at 8.15am and at 8.30 I had the tomato rice going. I took my shower and got dress after getting Zara ready. I woke Millie up and Bibik cleaned her and I dressed her in her baju kurung. While I fed Zara, Millie fell asleep on the sofa. Tomato rice was ready by 9.30am and I started to lay the spread. My mother, eldest sister, younger sister & family arrived at 10.15am, minutes after hubby, my aunt and Haakem came back from the nearby mosque. Mother brought the ketupat, lontong, lodeh, beef rendang and sambal kacang sotong as well as some cakes and fried chicken.

We ate, took photos, distributed duit raya to the kids (and my mother & my aunt), ate some more....... My brother and his family arrived some times before Zuhur.... everybody left around 3.30pm and we started cleaning up.
Further resting at night.

On the second day, we had breakfast with the leftover tomato rice, beef korma and ayam merah. After Zuhr we went to visit hubby's cousin's family and later Tok Taib (who used to drive Haakem for his kindergarden, for 2 years and we remain in touch ever since). We came home at 5.00pm, as hubby's relatives are coming. We served them cookies, fruits, ketupat and rendang.
Night was spent resting.....

Hubby left for Kelantan after Subuh and breakfast on the 3rd day of eid.In the evening my elder sister and family stopped by for 2 hours.

Haakem received quite a handsome amount of duit raya. Millie and Zara received a modest sum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home