Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Sunday 28 September 2008

Eid Preparation



I started making the preprations way back in April 2008. That early huh you said? Well I knew otherwise I wouldn't be able to prepare anything since I would start my confinement in August and with hubby away most of the time and the prospect of having to breastfeed my baby exclusively, we would probably have to use last years' things.
I bought the materials for our traditional attires (2 kebayas for me, for easy breastfeeding, that is) and baju Melayu for hubby and Haakem and sent them off to the tailor/dressmaker in May. They were ready 2 weeks ago. Our theme is purple this year.. well, lilac actually, for the boys.
I shopped for other ready made clothes on 29th August, with hubby and all the kids and Bibik. Since it was a Friday afternoon and still before Ramadhan, we had the place to ourselves, almost. 2 dresses for Millie, a baju kurung and a pantsuit, 2 pantsuits and a dress for Zara, a shirt, a long sleeve T and a pair of slacks for Haakem. Millie also have another unworn baju kurung and dress.
Alhamdulillah... the only thing I am leaving for last minute is Millie's shoes. Zara can wear Millie's old booties/socks... which are still like new. Haakem's already got his chapals, 2 pairs of them. Hubby would have to buy a new songkok for him. This boy has a large head for a boy his age.
I also bought Bibik a pair of Larrie sandals. Not buying her baju raya as last year's was only worn twice. My aunt had the materials for her baju kurung in April and finished sewing them some 2 weeks later.
I received 2 raya goodies hampers. I've also bought 2 types of cookies from the supermarket. We've already stocked on the beef, chicken and the rice to prepare the dishes for the day. Bibik has done the cleaning up of most parts of the house, saving my room until Monday. I have washed the curtains for the sliding door and will change the table cloth too, using some nice old ones. Money packets were filled since 2 weeks ago, for my 13 nephews, nieces and own kids, the bibiks, my mother and my aunt.
So, we are all (almost) for Eid.
Last minute purchases would be the vegetables and fish, as well as Millie's shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home