Pootz In Boots

Mine is a life worth living and if I could turn back the clock, I would play the same scene at the same speed with the same players... regrets? Of course I have some but that adds the colours to this life..

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Female (quite obvious, right?), married (for 17 years), have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 16 & 4, the latter we said goodbye to 8 minutes after birth and 2 girls aged 9 & 7. Clocked 18 years of working at the same establishment, into the 19th year (and then I am considered a museum artifact). Working line is doing stuff involving the laws, legal documents and playing with words.

Thursday 3 July 2008

My Two Cents Worth

Malaysia only has 2 issues, which have been affecting its people’s life. Apparently nothing else happened to this oh So Truly Asia country. But these 2 are enough to ruin the country… from within.
1. Its political Scenario
2. Oil price hike
The 2 issues are intertwined of course. It’s funny really, the ruling Government, while in the state of its most unpopular, it has the cheek of raising the price of fuel (read: petroleum and diesel), which has the domino effect on prices of everything else.
I have not made any posting on any one of the above issues. Truth is I think this whole episode with having this goon Abdullah Badawi as the Malaysian Premiere is a bizarre nightmare for all Malaysians, except himself and his families/cronies.
I personally have regretted Tun Mahathir’s choice of predecessor from day one. Ever since AB was the Ministry of Education I “new” he lacks the intelligence to do anything sensible. He has proven me correct. Oh well….. but who am I?
He should have been on a five year probationary period, if he is at all worth given the chance to test for the job. If he cannot “improve” from what TDM has done or be at par with TDM, he could at least try not to ruin what TDM has done and achieved. TDM must have been in his worst frame of mind when he made that choice in 2003. With due respect Tun….. I have always been your admirer and follower. What could you have seen in AB that you made that choice? Mr Clean? Well, looks can be deceiving. With KJ on the tow (and yes, I know of this one’s and a few of his group of Oxford friends’ stories too), TDM must have noticed of their modus operandi.
I didn’t go voting during PRU12 because I had to choose between a non-Muslim and a munafiq. So, what choice did I have? I stayed put and reserved my vote. Not because I am “on the fence” but because I simply detest everybody, almost. PKR is an absolute no-no with a one-(sodomising)man’s objectives all the way. I lost faith in BN and PAS disappointed me by cooperating with PKR.
The rest is as what they say… history…. And still in writing…. I am fed up! I am almost not proud of my country anymore……
And the oil price hike? Although I am not directly affected by it (as I own no vehicle and only use public transport on daily basis), my purchasing power has somewhat reduced. But I am still counting my blessings. I can still feed the family with the same type of things, same amount and same brands. I would cut down where I can just so that I can save more.
But what is all this nonsense of the government asking the people to change their lifestyle. I was just discussing with my hubby, how does a family who is already using public transportation or already cycling everywhere (as they couldn’t afford their own car even before the price hike), and already eating broken rice with ikan selar kuning, change their lifestyle?
How does a family with five school going kids, with pocket monies of RM1 each, cycling 5km each way to school with hand-me-downs school uniform and nothing but rice and one simple cheap dish for lunch, change their lifestyle?
Come on BN Government, Pak Lah, Shahrir…… we are not living in the 50’s or during Japs occupation and neither are we in a war zone….. while the Ministers are enjoying their lives, as usual….. the poor are getting poorer and the low income group has hit the poverty level and even the lower middle income group (the likes of me) is counting every cent too!!
And it seems like the Government is trying to use stupid “stories” to deviate people’s attention from these 2 issues… Anwar’s case, Altantuya’s case……. But yes, whatever happened to Sharlinie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home